Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Birthday in Florida

It's Tuesday the 21st and my 41st birthday.  I am still here in Florida, tomorrow will be my last day.  What a wonderful time I have had.  I am staying here at my friend Gabrielle's sisters house in The Villages and they have been more than gracious.  We have played Pickle ball every morning, swimming after that, line dancing, dancing, listening to good bands, cards with friends, bar b q's, golfing, riding around in golf carts seeing the sites, out do dinner and lunches sometimes, and just playing.  But that's all you do here, that is what their regular days consist of.  It's not just because I'm visiting, this is what they do everyday! :) This is actual retirement :)

1 comment:

  1. Boy I sure have had some good days lately. I feel lucky to have the life I have. God has surely blessed me with goodness and happiness. Now that I'm home I reflect on the time that I had in The Villages, Florida. What a wonderful gift that was. I brought a DVD home to Rick to show him what about The Villages and he fell in love with it too. I would like to go back there with him some time so that he could check it out for himself. I worked one day this week and got my fix of working with children again. I went to an Autism Conference here in town. What good information I learn every time I go to one of these. I would like to hope I'm making a difference in a child's life. I have been working with kids for 21 years and Every Day I am So Grateful for another day to be with them. Ahhhhh:) I am so lucky to be married to a wonderful man who keeps me around and shows me love continuesly. Wu hu!!!! Yee Ha!!!!
    I am so proud of my children who have challenged theirself through school and worked so hard. They are the Angels of my eye :)
    At this time I am extremely happy for them but on the other hand I am sad for myself, but it's not about me. I know that they have to move on with their lives, but it sure leaves a little hole in my daily life that they won't be in the same town as me. (This is were The Villages come in, hehe) I am so proud of them.!!!

    ReplyDelete