Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kids growing and spreading their wings

So, I take a deep breath and talk with my heavenly father and as I thank him for all my many blessings and my wonderful family. I give thanks for being blessed with wonderful children who are obedient to their teachings and do a good job at following the right path. Also I give thanks to a wonderful husband who has patience and lots of love. He's a hard worker and I am blessed to be married to him.

The time has come for my kids to fly the coupe and try new things. On Friday, May 7th Rick and I packed up Shelcy and with her friend Amber moved them to Saratoga Springs, UT. Amber's family lives there and with more opportunities available, they thought they would give it a try in a bigger area. Friday we dropped the girls things off and visited with Amber's family and then we took Shelcy in to Salt Lake City to spend some time with her. We met up with Rick's sister Brenda and her boyfriend, Jay and his kids and had dinner and visited with them for a couple of hours before we went back to the Hotel to sleep. On Saturday we took Shelcy back to Saratoga Springs and dropped her off. Boy what a feeling:( I have lots of hope and wishes for her. Way to go Shelcy:)

On our way home we took a detour to Richfield to visit my mom for Mother's day. I had some geneology things that she wanted for my kids. We visited for a while then took her to dinner at a Chinese Buffet, mmmmmmmmmmmm.

On Sunday, May 9th, Rick and I took Josh and Sara to Rancho Cucamonga, CA. They showed us their new appartment they will be moving in to unless they get a house real soon. We stayed in Glendora, CA where Rick's cousing Janet and her husband Cary live. They have been so good to our family during this whole process. They have been so gracious to open their house to the kids and us. Ya :) Thank you! We were able to go to their favorite Sushi Resturaunt, Yummy:) We looked at houses all day on Monday and on Tuesday it was Ricks' 44th birthday :) Happy Birthday honey, I love you! We went to breakfast and looked at more houses and then went back to the house and Sara and I sat around the pool and got some sun while the guys watched something guyish on TV. At 5:00 we got ready and went to Sara's new school she will be going to and her and Josh met with the director and her assistant and they welcomed Sara and were excited to have her be coming. They were also excited to meet Josh and so they could have a conection with his Dental school. Way to go you guys! That night Cary made this smoked delicious Tri Tip, Yummy. Janet came home from work just in time and she made a delicious salad and strawberry's and a dip and then topped it off with Strawberry Shortcake. Thanks Janet:) They have an outdoor kitchen that is very comfortable to hang out at, with a fireplace and couches. Wednesday we got up and got ready to leave and we got a phone call from Rick's mom to tell us that Aunt Franny was broke down in Barstow, CA and need help coming home. It worked out so well. We were glad we were there. Fun Times. We made it home that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment